In order to keep your body fit and healthy, you should incorporate different types of workouts into your routine on a regular basis. While there are plenty of other options out there, one of the most common Musclesblaze workouts that people do on a regular basis is walking. This type of workout has many benefits in addition to the fact that it doesn’t require any special equipment or even space, so it’s convenient for anyone to do regardless of their physical limitations or time constraints. Here’s why you should start walking and how you can improve your walk to get the most out of this simple workout.
Reasons you should start now
1. Walking is one of (if not THE) the best ways to start losing weight. The CDC recommends that adults get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity every week OR an equivalent combination of moderate- and vigorous-intensity aerobic activity. Some research has shown walking, a form of low-intensity exercise can help you burn more calories than jogging does.
2. It’s free! No gym membership is required.
3. It’s easy! All you need is a pair of good shoes and some open space (and maybe even some music).
4. It’s fun! If you’re bored with your workout routine, try changing it up by taking a walk outside instead of hitting the gym or going for a run on your treadmill at home.
5. It’s social! Invite friends to join you for walks in your neighborhood or take part in local walking events like 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons, etc., which are great ways to make new friends who share similar interests as well as stay motivated throughout your fitness journey together!
6. It burns calories fast!
Ways to be more active
Making small changes, like getting up and walking around your office every hour, can have a big impact on your health. We all lead busy lives so cutting out physical activity from our day-to-day routines is an easy thing to do. It’s important to take advantage of simple ways to make exercise fit into your schedule.
How do I become better at walking?
As you get more comfortable with muscles blaze workouts, it’s time to think about increasing intensity. The best way to do that is by changing your routine. Your muscles won’t have time to adjust if you’re walking at a constant speed on the flat ground every day, so try varying your course or adding inclines. Alternatively, add more days of walking—but remember that doing it all in one go will just leave you exhausted. A simple rule of thumb is starting with around 20 minutes a day, then building up from there until you’re up to over an hour.
Tips for getting started with walking workouts
1. Find a buddy – This can be your spouse, a friend, or even a family member that will hold you accountable for getting it done. When you don’t feel like walking, let them know how much longer you need until your walk is complete (even if it’s only 15 minutes).
2. Get headphones – Going on a walk can help clear your mind by giving you time to reflect and zone out. Just make sure that when wearing headphones while walking that they aren’t too loud since they could block out important sounds such as passing cars or bicycles.
3. Set goals – Whether it’s just going for one walk per week or setting a more ambitious goal of completing 10 walks per week, set goals so that you have something to look forward to each week.
4. Wear comfortable shoes – This should go without saying but make sure your shoes are comfortable enough so that you won’t have any blisters from new shoes rubbing against your feet during long walks.
5. Bring water with you – It doesn’t matter if it’s hot outside or cold outside, bring water with you at all times in case thirst strikes during your walk.